Sunday, May 27, 2012

What a day!

We started our day at "Cow's House" for breakfast, then headed to Lowe's to show Gus all the different types of drains for bathtubs. He is currently really into drains and how they work and all the different types. I have been showing him trip levers, spin top and push downs and rubber stoppers on google, but thought a trip to Lowe's for some actual hands on visuals would really help him get it! I was right. It did help! He was so excited in the plumbing department and all the workers came to help him get a better grasp on this obsession! From there we headed to Kroger for my tailbone prescription then home to get cracking on the packing.

Judi, Krista, Pinki and nanny came over to help with all the pictures that we have. What a tremendous help they were! I really appreciate them wrapping all our pictures and prints and labeling same....it will certainly make unpacking that much easier! Gus and Mabel each got a good afternoon nap (not at the same time, of course) but they both slept and woke up in very good moods! This equates to one happy mommy! We wrapped up at the house and headed over to the neighborhood Memorial Day BBQ - or hot dog party as Gus dubbed it! There was music, yummy food and cornhole to be played! We enjoyed the evening then headed down to the pool to cool off and just rest our bones! Gus is doing fantastic jumping in an swimming and Mabel is really digging the water as well! She loves the little float and is happy to do laps at the baby pool with Pinki!!

I think I am getting a grip on this "flying solo" gig....just a little. It is hard, but we are having fun in the process and making lots of memories and not to mention I have also schooled myself on drains and I am pretty well versed in the plumbing world these days!!

Here are a few pictures from our busy, fun day! Poor daddy had to spend his day at the beach ;-)! We love you and miss you very much, daddy!

No comments: