Friday, May 25, 2012

Mabel's first swim at the big (kiddie) pool

Today I conquered my intimidation and took both kids to the pool alone. It went better than I expected, but it was rather tough. Mabel was fine in the stroller for a while snacking then she was over it so I put on her bottom and just planned to get her feet wet! She wanted in...all the way in! Since I was flying solo there are no pictures but she loved the water and everything about it! I see more trips to the pool in our future, but I will have a floatie for her next time. Gus is doing great and is signed up for swimming lessons so I think that will really do him some good in the coming weeks!

After our pool party we kept the party going to sonic and had a picnic in the van then a bath time party and a bedtime party in the van! Swimming does a momma good...both were fast asleep by 8:30pm!

No comments: