Remember last night I told you Gus fell asleep at 5pm? He stayed asleep until 5:50am! I think it is safe to say the little dude was tired! He woke up so sweet. Kissing Mabel and I and just being adorable. It was a great way to start my day since it was so early. Mabel slept for another hour and woke up just as happy!
Long about 10:30am the lonesome daddy blues set in for all of us. Gus and I skyped with Jake from my cellphone and then Mabel joined the fun! I have a love hate relationship with Skype....I love that we can see daddy and talk to him, but I hate hanging up and I hate when the kids try to reach through the phone to touch daddy. :-( Hanging up is the worst for me. I get all choked up and can't even utter the words I love you or goodbye. I am terrible with goodbyes. Terrible. Gus saw me crying and immediately went into his let's be funny mode. Poor darling he is so confused with all of this and has been giving me a rough time around this time everyday. I know we will get through it, but OMG! It is not easy when he is in this mood, which inturn sparks Mabel's mood and she starts crying.
This was our first full weekend with no daddy and though we kept super busy and stayed with mom and dad a good bit we were all super lonesome of daddy as he is super lonesome of us. Even when I call him just sobbing he always tells me I am such a wonderful mommy and to hang in there and that I am doing a great job!
Tomorrow is a new day and now that I am seeing a pattern with the lonesome daddy blues hopefully we can curb it before it gets too bad!


No comments:
Post a Comment