Sunday, May 20, 2012

Swimming lessons

I wasn't able to get any pictures of Gus actually at the pool because I was/must be in the pool with him, but I am very proud of him. We went to the kiddie pool and I showed him how to hold his nose and blow bubbles and how to hold his breath and blow bubbles. He even put his entire face in the water to blow bubbles (while wearing his goggles and "smorkel"). It is amazing to watch the determination that he has. There is no rock to big or to small for him to climb!

There were two six year olds in floated jumping in and he was determined to do the same. He got out and I had to convince him that he could do it, but he quickly became confident an told me to back away. I did as much as my momma instinct would let me (which was not very far) and then he would jump all on his own and come up smiling and just as proud as he could be!

Gus, I love that you are so confident in all that you do. When you set your mind to something you do not quit until it is done. You certainly put your money where your mouth is! I love you and enjoyed our "swimming lesson" as you called it!!

No comments: