This past Friday, the 23rd to be exact, Aunt Beth and I took the kids for a nice little stroll down the hill. Gus was on his bike and Mabel was In the little red car. All was going great. We stopped at two houses that are being built and went inside of them and snooped around. We came up to the third one which is nearly completed and walked in to check it out. Just as I noticed that there were no vents on the floor vents, I see Gus lose his balance and watch as one leg goes down the hole. It was terrible to watch my little peanut take such a hard fall. I pass Mabel to Aunt Beth and run to Gus. He was a trooper. Very few tears and he peddled his bike most of the way home.
He said he was ok and would not let me look at his leg (he had on red
Fire truck jammies) so if there was any blood it blended in to the jammies.
I made crawfish and spinach bread for supper so we all ate supper then I got Gus in the tub and it was then that I realized OMG! What a fall he took. He pointed to some blood on his leg and asked where was 'dat' from? I told him looks like he hurt himself and he got very upset and then I think he became squeamish. You could see into the wound and he wanted so hard to not look, but he just could not take his eyes off of it!
We got it all cleaned up and Pinki was called to duty! She made him a cast and then at his request a sympathy cast for the other leg! Daddy had to work late so I was a nervous wreck trying to decide if I should take him to the ER, but mom and Aunt Beth checked it out and said he would be ok.
This is my baby bear's first "real" injury. I am not a fan of my baby's being hurt. It hurt me just as much. The next day he wore "down pants" to protect his "casts" and it seems to be looking much better. Here are a fe pics of the wound and the casts!




No comments:
Post a Comment