Friday, October 12, 2012

Yesterday...

We had a lovely morning. We went to the park, fed the geese, I got a good walk in and the kids played hard! Came home for a picnic lunch and some down time then it was off to work. We were doing good as far as time. Gus had shoes on, Mabel had just had a diaper change and I had everything gathered and ready to go. I got distracted getting Gus down from climbing on something he should not have been on and shut the door behind me. Immediately I new we were locked out, but I tried the handle anyway. Yep, locked. I asked Gus to see of by some chance the van was unlocked...no dice.

Shit!

At this point I panic a little 1) how am I going to get two kids to school with me when the double stroller is locked in the car and the keys are locked in the house 2) how the hell are we going to get in the house - Jake is in Miami. We have no spare hidden and no windows unlocked that I can shove Gus through to unlock the door (my belly won't allow window climbing!)

The plan:
I get Mabel in the little red push car, Gus holds my other hand and we start walking the 12+ blocks to work. I texted the landlord to see if they could possibly come by and open the house and hope for the best. Off we go.

The walk:
Was not so bad. Mabel cracked up most of the time! Gus complained here and there but then we would just run to deter the complaints! (I'm tired! I have to go to the bathroom!) there was a military funeral beginning and folks were starting to line up with flags so we got to see that and Gus got to push the crosswalk buttons! We made it to school about 30 mins late, but we made it! At 5:30 the landlord texted to say "all set"! Such a glorious sight!! We all slept good last night....our legs were pooped!!

The Lesson:
There really is no lesson...just mommy's brain is just about maxed out right now!! And Gus, no climbing, please!! :-)

No comments: