Perhaps they should be called something else. Maybe something like "momma you won't be well after this visit" or maybe "well hell....how does 7 shots sound?" or "let's see if your babes scream louder than the ones in the room next door visits". Anything but "well visits". I know, I know, the kids have to have these visits and such, but dear sweet 9 pound 8 ounce baby Jesus, what was I thinking taking them both in at the same time?
Oh yeah, that Gus was caught up, so no shots for him and that Mabel just needed her 12month shots. WRONG! I forgot about the flu shot so that puts Gus on the chart for one shot and Mabel was down for 3 for her 12 month boosters then they come back to say that since we are within 7 days if her turning 15 months she can go ahead and get those in addition to her flu shot for a grand total of 6 shots and an oral swab deal just for her.
Gus laid down and complied but he cried and carried on poor guy. I watched the nurse do the injection and my goodness she used force on his little tender leg. He limped out the clinic!
Mabel on the other hand was quite the production poor gal. 2 in each thigh and 2 in the backside of her upper arm. All I can say is that it was awful for her, for me and for Gus. That is all I got.
Oh, and that we picked up Burger King for lunch because I could not even gather my thoughts to put something together for us!
Here is the aftermath....


No comments:
Post a Comment