Perhaps Halloween is my favorite holiday because it is my birthday! I just love everything about halloween! I always have~so much so, that at Gus' age, I named my imaginary friend Halloweena! I think I have done a swell job of passing this love and passion on to my little boy! We have been listening to a creepy songs/sounds cd for well over a month now, have a halloween countdown, have been reading Halloween books for quite sometime, have almost 2 dozen milk/water jug ghosts and so far, 5 carved pumpkins! Did I mention how much I love halloween?! Without any further adue here are our ghost jugs and carved pumpkins....

Jake carved all of them except the owl, that was mine! Gus drew his own face on his pumpkin, colored it in and then let Jake carve it out - it is the small one with the "cheeseball" mouth as he calls it! We made an "M" for a certain little sweet baby girl and Jake made the Jack o'lantern tonight after Gus went to bed as a surprise for him in the morning! (we have been reading a book about a Jack o'lantern, so this was very fitting!)
Happy Halloween to everyone! Can't wait to see all the clever costumes out there! I will be sporting Perry the Platypus at the request of Gus and I am super excited! Mabel has two costumes~cat baby/kitten and an r's-berry shortcake as Gus calls her! Gus will be one of several Batman's I am sure, but if he wears the costume and particiates that is perfectly fine! Jake is not sure yet what he will be, but is sure to not disappoint!
Here is a sneak of the kids in costume!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment